Cheesy Chicken Bake
This is an easy bake chicken recipe. Don't be fooled by the simple ingredients, this dish is is super tasty. The chicken bake is low carb, Keto friendly and gluten free
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 small chicken breasts (or 2 large chicken breasts, sliced in half to make 4 pieces)
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- 170 grams cream cheese (cold, refrigerated, and sliced into 8 slices)
- 8 strips bacon (cooked, chopped)
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese (shredded)
- Preheat the oven to 200 C.
Grease the bottom of the casserole dish with olive oil. The dish should measured approximately 33cm x 22cm x 10cm deep.
Add chicken breasts to the casserole dish and season with salt & pepper.
Top with cream cheese. Cream cheese should be cold, right out of the fridge, sliced into 8 thin slices.
Top with chopped cooked bacon.
- Top with shredded Cheddar cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, for about 20-30 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through. The cooking time will depend on the thickness of your chicken breasts.
You can always use 4 – 8 chicken thighs, depending on their size. I find chicken thighs don’t tend to dry out as much as breast meat because they are slightly fatter.