Chocolate Gelatin Slice
This is a fantastic easy treat or dessert to make. I usually use 90% or 95% Lindt dark chocolate to reduce the total amount of sugar. However, if you are just starting out in trying to reduce the total amount of dietary sugars you are having, then try dark chocolate 70% and then working your way up to 90% or 95%. The nutrition panel is based on the total for the recipe and it should yield a minimum of 8 squares.
- 100 g Dark Chocolate
- 500 ml Coconut milk
- 2 tbsp Gelatin
- In a small pot on the stove bring the coconut milk up to simmer.
- Once simmering break up the dark chocolate and then add it in to the warmed coconut milk.
- Stir until the chocolate has all melted. Once all the chocolate has melted sprinkle in the gelatin 1 tablespoon at a time and stir rapidly so the gelatin mixes in.
- Once the gelatin has been mixed in pour into a non stick container (I usually use a glass dish approximately 45cm x 55cm ) or line a container with greaseproof and put into the fridge to set which will take a minimum of 2 hours.
* Note *
I sometimes pour my mixture through a sieve into the container just to filter out any of the gelatin that may not have completely dissolve.
- Once set, then you can cut it into squares. It should yield a minimum of 8 squares.
- Serving Suggestions:
– Berries and whipped cream.